Carnegie Free Library
Consistent with the Governor's efforts to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Office of Commonwealth Libraries instructs libraries to close for routine, public library services beginning on Saturday, March 14 and remain closed until further notice, a period in alignment with school closures. Therefore, the Carnegie Free Library will be closed Saturday March 14 until further notice. Please hold on to your materials. No extended use fees/fines will be collected on materials that are due back during this time.
A few changes to the website. Please use the drop down tab in the upper right hand corner to navigate to different pages.
- Free library card and a large catalog of fiction, nonfiction, teen and children’s books
- Computer access and free WiFi
- Fax machine, laminator and copier
- Music, movies and audio books
- Classes, clubs, job fairs, workshops, homework help and educational resources
- On-site resume assistance and WinWay resume software including free printing on resume paper (courtesy of a grant from Fayette County Library System)
- Microfilm archives
- Genealogy research (Ancestry.com Library Edition)
- Digital device assistance such as smart phones, tablets, and computers
Follow us on (Links)
Free Library Cards
Getting a library card can transform your life. Today’s libraries offer the resources and programming you need, whether you’re looking for a job, starting a small business, trying a new hobby, or pursuing a degree. From online tools to in-person training, there’s something for everyone at the library.